Do you have racing thoughts and anxiety?
It’s hard to focus on anything else when anxiety takes control of your mind. You’re filled with worries and uncertainties. You can’t calm down or rest.
Fortunately, there are ways to control anxious thoughts. It just takes practice to get the hang of it.
2. Ask yourself questions. When you get an anxious thought, stop and ask yourself these questions:
3. View your thoughts as data. It’s helpful to view your thoughts as data and your mind as a data processing center.
4. Focus on the present. Many anxious thoughts are focused on either the future or the past. You can break free by focusing on the present.
5. Take action. Anxious thoughts often prevent you from taking action. They keep you stuck in fear and worry. Learn to take action even when you’re afraid.
6. Get rid of unhelpful thoughts. Some thoughts may be true, but they aren’t helpful.
Anxious thoughts don’t have to control your life. You can use these tricks to effectively take control of your mind when you find yourself worrying.
Oh..when you’re ready, make sure you check out my 3 Simple Ways To Love Yourself Guide.
Loretta Holmes, M.A. CMHWC is the owner of Bella Coaching Services. She has 10+ years as a special education teacher, graduate courses in clinical courses, and is a certified ADHD and Anxiety Coach. Loretta uses her teaching and coaching skills to help families affected my ADHD and women who struggle with anxiety break free from negative thoughts and walk into a positive life. Questions? Contact Loretta at email@example.com